Apr 17 , 2020
- Front Page Impulse deals are gone
- Front Page Recommendations are gone
- Front Page Offering all digital stuff (streaming, kindle audiobooks, prime video movies)
- Product Detail pages frequently bought together are gone replaced by sponsored ads.
- Product Detail pages ‘product recommendations’ are gone replaced by sponsored ads.
- Brands discount coupon codes are gone.
a. Millions more online shoppers.
b. Remember, Amazon suspended all inventory replenishment orders of non-
essential goods until recently and are slowly reintroducing that feature to various
c. They have had notices on the web site of slower shipping to be expected.
B. Product flow
a. If product shipment becomes too slow then their business model is severely
b. Remember that Amazon has hired, or is hiring, 175,000 new workers.
c. So, Amazon is actually trying to slow ‘physical product’ impulse buying while
remaining the go to source for essential items.
a. Providing the needed digital content for currently quarantined millions
b. Cheaper to move digital content than actual product
c. Reduced profit margins on sale items means reduced Amazon % profit
d. Replaced free recommendations on detailed pages with paid advertisement
Finally, what are our recommendations for you at this time?
Consider alternatives to discount coupons, if you often use them. But it feels like that this removal is also temporary. Spend some time considering adding a Sponsored Product Campaign. Perhaps schedule a phone session with Marknology.com to discuss strategy.