Switching from B2B to B2C with Amazon
Who is Faultless:
Established in 1887 (130+ years ago) Faultless is one of America's oldest and most respected brands for cleaning and fabric care products. The company began as a retail store, then expanded into a nationwide business to business brand manufacturer, dominating retail (B2B) and wanting to gain a foothold in E-Commerce. (B2C).
Once Faultless and it's 4 associated brands switched from B2B to B2C with Amazon as the vehicle to do so, they did not have a system in place for organizing both their product lines and other sellers on the platform. Additionally, there was a gap between the products presentation on the shelf vs the consumer experience on Amazon listings. Things like MAP pricing, poor images, non optimized SEO, and logistical issues were all areas that needed improvement.
"EVEN IF YOU DON'T HAVE ALL OF YOUR DUCKS IN A ROW THERE ARE ALWAYS PLACES TO START OPTIMIZING."
WHY FAULTLESS DECIDED TO PARTNER WITH AN AMAZON CONSULTING FIRM?
Realizing that the digital age is causing a change in how consumers purchase products, Faultless wanted to adapt and expand their marketing strategy to reach more consumers online. "We needed a partner who was in tune with the consumer perspective, the Amazon ranking algorithm and a team who could anticipate the difficulties in transitioning from B2B to B2C."
537% GROWTH YEAR OVER YEAR
THE MARKNOLOGY EFFECT:
Our greatest challenge was in helping the brand change the way they do business internally and externally by switching over from a B2B only business to a B2C (Business to Consumer) model for the online space. The shift required helping Faultless change their execution of all aspects of their business including: Packaging, Fulfillment, Process & the Consumer Experience on Amazon.
WHERE IS FAULTLESS TODAY?
In just a little more than three years since launch, Faultless has seen a 537% growth on average month over month. (Oct 2019 to Oct 2020)- a remarkable increase for a company that had no prior experience with selling directly to consumers online. Marknology and Faultless have succeeded in achieving our goals for the past year overcoming the odds and improving the account on all fronts.
- We've merged ASINS from other sellers making it easier for shoppers to find the correct products on Amazon.
- We've corrected dozens of UPC and branding issues, clearing the way for REAL brand control and product presentation on Amazon.
- We've created variations that allow customers to choose their size, scent or quantity with ease – boosting their sales rank in the process.
- We are in the process of adding new ASINS to FBA, making it even faster for customers to have their favorite cleaning products delivered to their door. We've overcome the Hazmat Amazon restrictions allowing us to ship aerosol products FBA.
- We have built out extensive advertising campaigns that correspond with individually written SEO for each product. We are averaging a <20% TACOS for 2019.
- Marknology is helping Faultless improve their mobile presence with brand new visual assets for all products and we're excited to see the results of this project, and many more we have in the works in 2020.