Garden and Outdoor
Our primary directive was to grow sales by optimizing their existing listings and to launch new listings across their e-commerce platforms starting with Amazon.
They felt like their current agency was leaving a lot on the table in regards to advertising management and proactive growth strategies. Coming in, it was going to be an uphill battle because we were taking over the account from another agency that had already lost the clients trust.
Our client had primarily been a wholesaler to brands like Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart and others but their e-commerce presence was new and was the focus of their growth initiatives. Another issue was that each spring they launch about 200 new products per year .
This caused problems for Amazon agencies in a space where talent is hard to find, and to truly optimize listings you cannot just put them up with limited effort and expect your sales to grow. Seasonality added a huge level of complexity and one we had not handled at scale before.
I knew we had our work cut out for us, but that this would be a great opportunity as the category was ripe for a brand that was operating with a high level of Amazon strategy behind it to be successful.
- Reviewed product photography, and graphics throughout the listings and orchestrated a coordinated plan to create more story-telling images and graphics. We were selling garden and outdoor products, so we needed lifestyle images that reflected this and created an emotional connection to our customers to help us stand out on the digital shelf.
We set up numerous integrations from follow up email sequences, to profitability software, to advertising tools and reporting dashboards for greater visibility and better interactions with our customers.
- We researched, analyzed, and re-wrote the product listings for every product in the catalog and optimized our Amazon listings to reflect relevant searches that were happening on Amazon. We pushed back on the client when they asked for speed, and instead explained to them the value of the Amazon flywheel, and treating every listing like it is the only one you are selling.
Over the course of 24 months, we saw:
- We took over the account in Dec of 2018. Sales on Amazon ended at $400,000.
- By Dec of 2019, yearly sales on Amazon ended at $1,637,000, or 4X growth Year over Year.
- By Dec of 2020, yearly sales on Amazon ended at $3,585,369
- In 24 months, we saw an increase of 9X growth from initially taking the account, but again a 2.1X growth from the previous year.
- We not only saw 9X growth in top line sales, but we operated at an approximate 11% TACoS (ROI), on the Amazon platform as well.
- We have successfully launched in Amazon Canada, and will be moving into the EU as well by the end of 2021.